Product Marketing Assistant
Are you a self-motivated and results focused individual looking to join a busy team? Do you have a passion for marketing and love interacting with people?
In this exciting new role you'll be supporting the development and execution of our marketing plans. Primarily focused on promoting forthcoming product updates, as well as Create as a whole to our new and current customers.
You’ll have a passion for marketing and will always be seeking to understand the customers needs and find the value proposition. You'll be a doer, someone who gets stuff done and be looking to move into a small company, not only to make your mark, but to make a difference.
You'll be a proactive individual who has a can-do attitude and eagerness to learn. You'll have some marketing experience, ideally in either Saas (software as a service), ecommerce or in a digital environment. If you have other marketing experience and a real interest in small business and the web - don't be afraid to apply and tell us why you think you'd be perfect for the role!
You'll possess excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills, enabling you to create compelling content about our product. You'll be confident and outgoing with the ability to connect with people and build relationships.
You'll keep up-to-date with latest marketing and digital trends and have a solid working knowledge of SEO, small business software and Google Analytics.
We believe that making a website should be simple. But with over 50% of small businesses in the UK without one, we want to break down the barriers and ensure that every small business can benefit from being seen online. We believe in doing everything we can to help individuals and small businesses maximise their online presence.
We are committed to providing great service, straight-talking information and the right tools for making business online a success. We believe in our nation of shopkeepers and want to ensure that everyone is able to leverage the advantages of digital innovation.
Our offices are based just past Brighton University on the Lewes Road in a sustainable development. Our building is made with local materials such as sweet chestnut timber cladding and East Sussex clay, and we’re powered by wind turbines, solar heating panels and collected surface water. We strive to work in a way that is sustainable, ethically responsible and environmentally friendly. We value integrity, honesty, transparency and thoughtfulness.
Customer success is at the heart of our business: we are successful when our customers achieve their dreams.
About The Role
Over the last year we’ve invested in updating the content building tools available in our app and expanding our range of website templates available to our users. As our Product Marketing Assistant you’ll be focused on building a strong relationship with our customers, ensuring they are aware of product updates and how to use them to their advantage.
You’ll work closely with our onboarding, product and customer support teams to implement the product marketing plan and ensure its success.
Day to Day Responsibilities will include:
- Be the voice of Create through our Social media accounts, posting content, responding to followers and providing online customer service and communication.
- Enabling Sales / onboarding success by creating supporting materials.
- Building strong relationships with our customers, through both individual and mailing list contact. Creating and updating a range of different email communications for customers
- Creating promotional materials, including creation of graphics, announcements, blogs and website content based upon the product marketing plan
- Researching market trends, demographics, strategies and other relevant information that helps managers develop and improve the company strategy
- Providing fact-checking, copy-editing, and formatting assistance during the creation of website content (and other promotional materials)
- Working with the onboarding and customer teams, reviewing progress and improvements when communicating about the product
- Collecting and compiling data to assist with weekly and monthly reporting
Most of our people live in and around Brighton and are attracted to us because of our flexible hours, flat management structure and because they can make a difference, not just to Create, but for startups and businesses across the country.
You'll get a competitive salary dependent on your skills and experience, 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), plus a bonus scheme based on hitting company targets.
You can choose a Mac or a PC, whatever works for you.
You'll be based in our modern, eco-friendly offices in the Westergate Business Centre. Just off Lewes Road in Brighton, UK.